Saturday, February 26, 2011

Oscar picks

I'm gonna keep this short. I'm just going to list my predictions and my picks. To see the entire list of Oscar nominees, go to www.oscars.org.

Best Actor: Colin Firth (The King's Speech) is going to win. My pick would be James Franco (127 Hours).

Best Supporting Actor: Christian Bale (The Fighter) is going to win, and he is my pick.

Best Actress: Natalie Portman (Black Swan) will win, and she is also my pick.

Best Supporting Actress: Melissa Leo (The Fighter) will win. My pick is Jacki Weaver (Animal Kingdom).

Best Animated Movie: Toy Story 3 will win, but I would pick How to Train Your Dragon.

Best Cinematography: Roger Deakins will finally win for True Grit. He would be my choice as well.

Best Director: This will go to Tom Hooper for The King's Speech, but I really want David Fincher to win for The Social Network.

Best Documentary: I think Exit Through the Gift Shop will win, if for no other reason than everybody wants to see if Banksy will show up and do something interesting. That would also be my pick.

Best Picture: This will go to The King's Speech, but if there is any justice in the world, The Social Network will win.

No comments: