Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows - 3 stars

I didn't care for the first Sherlock Holmes movie very much, so I wasn't expecting much going into this one. But this movie is an improvement on the first film in every way. For one thing, it's a lot funnier. Robert Downey, Jr. is hilarious. I think I missed half of his one liners because the audience was still laughing at a previous one.

The villain is better in this one too. Jared Harris (son of the late Richard Harris) plays Professor Moriarty, and he is just as clever as Holmes. Stephen Fry turns up as the other Holmes, and I wish he were in the movie more. He nearly steals the movie from Robert Downey, Jr. with just a few scenes.

I am now excitied for this franchise and look forward to the next installment.

No comments: