Friday, February 1, 2013

Sundance - Hell Baby - 1/2 star

From imdb.com:  An expectant couple who moves into the most haunted house in New Orleans call upon the services of the Vatican's elite exorcism team to save them from a demonic baby.

This is supposed to be a comedy, a spoof of haunted house / possession movies.  I didn't laugh much.  Rob Corddry is the star, and he can usually make me laugh.  He isn't the best leading man though.  I think he works much better in a supporting role.

Tom Lennon I usually find very funny, but he didn't make me laugh either.  The movie was just dumb.  It's like they improvised a lot of the movie and they didn't edit out the parts that didn't work.  

The only part of the movie I enjoyed was the final 15 minutes when the wife gives birth to the demon baby.  It crawls around the room killing everyone one by one, and that sequence was fun in a twisted sort of way.  But for most of the running time, I was looking at my watch waiting for the movie to end.  Don't bother with this one.

No comments: