Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Nothing lately

I didn't post last week. Last Friday I had no movies to review. The two big studio releases were Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience and Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li. Neither of them were screened for critics. The other movie that opened in Salt Lake was Waltz With Bashir, which was nominated for best foreign language at the Oscars. This may have been screened for critics, but since it is distributed by Sony Pictures Classic, I wasn't able to see it. For some reason, the agency that represents Sony Pictures Classic in Utah won't invite me to any press screenings.

This week, the big release is Watchmen. I saw it the other day, but I'm not going to break the embargo by talking about it early. Not gonna do it. Another movie opening in SLC is The Class, another best foreign language nominee. But I won't be reviewing it on Friday. Guess which company is distributing it.

No comments: