Friday, February 1, 2013

Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters - 3 stars

From imdb.com:  In this spin on the fairy tale, Hansel & Gretel are now bounty hunters who track and kill witches all over the world. As the fabled Blood Moon approaches, the siblings encounter a new form of evil that might hold a secret to their past.

To be honest, from the trailers I thought this looked like it would be terrible.  But I was pleasantly surprised.  The movie has a fun sense of humor about itself and I was never bored.  It also helped that the movie was rated 'R', which meant it didn't have to hold back with the language, nudity, and blood and guts.  Ok, there isn't much nudity.

But there are plenty of blood and guts.  And the movie makes great use of 3D, with body parts flying at the camera.  There were a few times I actually ducked because of the things coming at me.  I can't remember the last time a 3D movie made me duck.

The acting is pretty good, not great but no one embarrasses themselves.  This isn't a particularly good movie, but it is entertaining.

No comments: