Sunday, February 22, 2009

Oscar Predictions

Nothing like waiting till the last minute. The Oscars are starting in about an hour. Because I am too lazy to type up all the nominations, you can click here to read all of them. I am just going to list my picks and predictions.

Best Actor - Micky Rourke is going to win. I would be fine with any of the nominees winning, as long as Brad Pitt doesn't win. Sorry, but I thought his performance was boring. He never showed any emotion at all. I would really love to see Richard Jenkins win.

Best Supporting Actor - This will be Heath Ledger. Even if he hadn't passed away a year ago, he would still win this. He is my pick. By the way, Josh Brolin should have been nominated last year for No Country For Old Men. He got overshadowed by Javier Bardem, but Brolin held that movie together. And I don't really think Robert Downey Jr. should have been nominated for Tropic Thunder, but I'm happy he was.

Best Actress - Kate Winslet is going to win, but she should have been nominated for Revolutionary Road. She will win because she has been nominated so many times before. But my pick would be Anne Hathaway.

Best Supporting Actress - Penelope Cruz will win this, and I don't really have a favorite. I thought they were all good, except I'm not sure Amy Adams belongs in this group. She has been great in other things, but I didn't think her performance in Doubt was anything special.

Best Picture - this will be Slumdog Millionaire. I don't think any of the movies qualify as best picture. Dark Knight should have been nominated. If I had to rate the 5 best picture nominees, it would go: Frost/Nixon, Milk, Slumdog Millionaire, The Reader, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. So I guess my pick would be Frost/Nixon.

One more,

Best Original Screenplay - I think Milk is going to win this, but my vote is for In Bruges. In Bruges was my favorite movie last year, and this is its only nomination.

Well, that's all. I know my betters have posted their predictions for every category, but I am very lazy.

No comments: