Sunday, February 1, 2009

finally, an update

I haven't posted for a while. Right in the middle of the Sundance Film Festival, I moved. This meant that for the first half of the festival, I was packing. I would try to get some done in the morning before I left, and when I got home (sometimes after midnight), I would try to get some more packing done. On top of moving, I didn't have the internet set up for the first several days I lived here. So that made it a little difficult to post updates.

I also had several band shows and rehearsals going on. Sunset Strip played on Friday and Saturday the 23rd and 24th, and Rage for Order and Black Vengeance played on Friday the 30th (yes, I'm in a lot of bands). So with everything else going on, I had to get a few rehearsals in.

The really bad part was the break in. After living in my new house for just a few days, I went to my car in the morning and found the passenger side window smashed. Someone had broken in and taken my backpack. In the backpack was my new camera, digital voice recorder, a library book, and various Sundance materials.

So while the first half of Sundance was a great experience for me, the second half was a complete bust. I didn't even go to Park City for the last several days. Next year, I plan to a) not move in January, b) not schedule any band shows (or rehearsals) during the festival, and c) hopefully not have any break ins.

I'm bummed that I missed out on the end of the festival. There are a lot of movies I wanted to see that I missed, such as The Cove, Kimjongilia, Brief Interviews With Hideous Men, Reporter, Moon, Bronson, and many others. Hopefully most of them will be released in SLC.

No comments: